The minutes, hours and days after a motor vehicle accident can be very hectic and confusing. The decisions made in the period of time immediately following an accident are crucial, as they can set the tone for your potential personal injury claim as you seek compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Car Accidents | Truck Accidents | Motorcycle Accidents
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident of any kind, it is important to take the following steps to protect your rights and lay the groundwork for a successful personal injury claim:
- Call the police to file a car accident report
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Obtain the other driver's name, contact information, driver's license number and insurance information
- If you are physically able, write down the details of the automobile accident, so you do not forget important information
- Secure the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses
- If you have a camera, take pictures at the scene of the accident
Remember: Any statements you make at the scene of the accident or to the insurance company can be held against you in court.
Prince William County Injury Attorneys
At Curran & Whittington, PLLC, we pursue personal injury claims on behalf of injury victims in Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis which means no attorneys' fees will be payable unless we obtain a settlement or win a jury award on your behalf.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation. If your injury prevents you from coming to one of our offices in Manassas, Haymarket, Winchester and Woodbridge, our lawyers will come to you.